Software Developer (m/f/x)
We are currently looking for a Software Developer for our HQ in Belgium.
QAELUM NV is a fast growing medical software solutions provider caring about patient safety and quality improvement in medical imaging environments. Started as a startup of the University Hospitals of Leuven, Belgium, it is now the preferred choice for major institutions all over the world. We believe it is our mission to help all stakeholders, no matter what level they are at, in creating patient safe and optimized healthcare environments.
To support our growth and strengthen our team we are currently looking for a Software Developer
Your responsibilities and tasks
Your responsibilities will consist of:
- Improving the quality control related solutions of the company
- Participating in different projects of software development
- Conducting the Alpha version coding and testing
- Participating in creating the Beta and release candidates
- Development, installation and end-user support of the different tools of the company
- Issues, bugs, problems, incidents with the software and/or its customized features/tools
- Software maintenance and the installation process
We expect you to hold a degree in Information Science or Engineering (Bachelor or Master) with a clear interest in OO design and software development with at least 2 years relevant experience.
Experience with most of the following technologies is a must:
- good knowledge of JAVA (Swing / J2EE / webservices)
- good knowledge of the VAADIN framework
- Groovy / Scala / Perl / Python / Batch scripting
- JIRA, Confluence, Git
- Good knowledge of Databases (including ability to write SQL queries) with a special focus on Oracle, SQLServer and PostgreSQL
Experience with medical IT technologies and standards (like PACS, RIS, DICOM, HL7, EMR) is a big plus. You communicate fluently in English (other languages are a great asset) and love to learn and improve. What it does for us, is your drive for design and development responsibilities and your intrinsic will to take initiative.
How we support you
We provide an internationally oriented working atmosphere in which a team of professionals are dedicated to improve quality in medical imaging environments. Together we build on the next quality improvements in healthcare. You will enjoy the freedom and responsibilities that a young fast-growing company as ours can bring to the table. As we also attach great importance to a sound work-life balance and life-long learning, we provide flexible working hours and every opportunity to take part in additional training courses in-house or elsewhere. Your workplace will be in Leuven but your contacts will be global. Next to this you can count on a comprehensive and market conform remuneration package. We offer a full-time permanent position.
Want to apply for this job?