- Create digital fill-in forms to support all possible quality assurance tasks
- Evaluate the results of such forms automatically
- Centralize and structure information and ensure on-time assessment
- Perform remote quality monitoring in a time efficient way
- Avoid liabilities when tests are not performed on time
What is FORMS by Qaelum?
The vendor-neutral FORMS software is the ideal tool to create data entry forms and efficiently monitor all tasks in the department. Its flexible configuration helps to perform, document and report all quality and optimization activities in a uniform, reliable and repetitive way. This multifaceted software is the perfect solution for a well-organized remote quality monitoring scheme, tailor-made to the needs of the department.
Why FORMS by Qaelum?
FORMS is a secure cloud-based solution that can be accessed from anywhere and thus makes the remote monitoring straightforward and efficient for both the performer and the supervisor. Using an intuitive interface, it allows the creation of different templates to cover the specific needs of the department. After users execute the quality tasks and fill in the data, the supervision and benchmarking happen with a click or completely automatically. If the tasks are not performed on time, smart notifications are there to prevent liabilities caused by missing data entries and non-conformities. The system comes with a library of preconfigured templates to kick start your quality monitoring efforts.
Key points of FORMS by Qaelum
- Allows for the creation of data structures and digital fill-in forms that can be used in a uniform, reliable and repetitive way using our zero-code dynamic form builder
- Simplifies the data collection of quality control tasks and can be integrated in the daily workflow
- Intelligent notifications avoid liabilities of missing data entries
- Easy data access allows for one-click data comparisons and benchmarking
- Integrated reporting engine allows to create management or compliance ready reports in industry standard formats (PDF, MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Extendible to support any kind of quality task
- Acts as a central interface for all quality-related tasks
- Secure cloud-based solution that can be accessed from anywhere and that fits perfectly into remote quality monitoring. Optionally the system can also be installed on-premise
- The FORMS module is built on top of our state-of-the-art modular quality platform FOQAL and allows for easy integration with other modules, like Contrast Management
Creation of tailor-made digital templates
- Flexibility in creating digital fill-in templates for data collection
- Large variety of field options for data entry, from simple check box fields to fields that can apply advanced algorithms
- Device-specific values of previous tests can be used as reference values for future controls
- Templates can be configured either for tasks per device or for general quality tasks of the department
- A variety of readily available templates facilitates the process
Execution and recording of quality assurance tasks
- With an easy-to-use interface the recording of the executed tasks is a quick and efficient process
- Depending on the requirements, templates can be filled in with values, text, links or upload of relevant files
- Immediate feedback is provided when a field is completed, with a color scheme to indicate the deviations from the expected test outcome
- By submitting a completed template, the user credentials are automatically filled in to take ownership of the provided input
Assessment and identification of gaps and errors
- Smart visualizations indicate problematic test results at a glance
- Comments can be added to communicate with the supervisor and help justify potential issues
- Details of the specific task are available to dig into the problem
- With flexible trend lines past and current test results for any field can be seen and assessed together
- When a test does not comply with the reference values, improvement actions can be started immediately from within the software
- Possibility to create user-specific dashboards based on the form structure
Correcting non-conformities to avoid liabilities
- Modern graphics allow to set the expected timing of tasks to avoid liabilities from skipped tests
- Intelligent notifications alert the supervisor of missing data entries or problematic results that require intervention
- When issues are found, this module allows to act upon the findings
- Directly designing an improvement plan for a particular device or general task that does not comply helps to act fast and improve as efficiently as possible
- Documenting the actions to correct non-conformities provides proof of the constant quality improvement
Supervising and benchmarking
- Supervision of quality tasks is simplified when everything is centralized on one platform
- A signature option engages the user to confirm receipt and supervision
- For tasks performed on different devices, one-click benchmarking allows for a complete overview of the overall performance
- Targeted interventions are documented and the impact on the practice is directly visible
- Reporting in several formats ensures findings and actions are shared with relevant stakeholders to monitor the path towards excellence
Designing your own template based on the department's needs and quality tasks is a straightforward process. The module offers the possibility to be creative in the visualization, selection of colors and symbols in order to make the template easy to understand for users. Templates can include different tests to be executed, which will be filled in either as values, text or by automatically calculated parameters. Even files like the automated QC report of a scanner can be directly uploaded as input to a test field. There is great flexibility in the configuration of expected input (e.g. data type value, mandatory comment, etc), as well as in the supervision requirements (e.g. supervision obliged). The designed templates can have a generic scope or be linked to specific devices. An unlimited number of templates can be created and the module comes with a variety of readily available templates, like the quality control of monitors.
Performing quality tasks
The execution and supervision of any quality control task is simplified with this module. The user clicks the “Add data” button of the relevant template and fills in the required fields. The description (that can include instructions on how to perform the required test) and the form itself provide the necessary information on what is expected from each test. Either it is a pass/fail criterion or a numerical entry, immediate feedback is always provided for the correctness of each field. Previous tests are also visualized to allow direct evaluation and identification of potential systematic problems. By submitting a filled in template, the user takes ownership of the performed task and corresponding input. This smart interface allows to perform all quality tasks in a uniform, reliable and repetitive way.
This module offers the great benefit of having centralized supervision, while the execution of the quality tasks can be completely remote. Users are motivated by easy data access that allows quick evaluations and actions. Trendlines and other charts can be configured per field, test and device. Smart tools and intelligent notifications dedicated to supervisors indicate tests that do not comply, as well as missing entries. This helps to avoid liabilities of tests not performed on time by contacting the responsible persons. Moreover, in the case of non-conformities, further investigation or extra tests can be requested and improvement plans can be initiated from within the application. Reports that can be directly generated in industry standard formats (PDF, MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint) allow to document and communicate the overall process.
Quality tests performed on different devices can be compared with a click. Trendlines, bar, and column charts are available for the user’s desired configuration. Benchmarking can include all the values of a test, a selected number of values or a specific time frame. Additionally, the benchmarked devices can be filtered to avoid comparisons between different brands, versions or models when they are not relevant. This way benchmarking is more efficient and leads to significant findings like the need for optimization of a device or extra training of personnel with respect to device operation or specific task performance.
This flexible vendor-neutral software is the ideal companion for digitally documenting and reporting all the quality tasks in the medical imaging (or other) department. Functioning in a secure cloud-based platform or optionally on-premise, this module can be accessed from anywhere and thus, it fits perfectly into remote quality monitoring. Moreover, it requires limited investment by the IT department of the hospital, allowing them to focus on other tasks. When combining FORMS with other quality modules of FOQAL like Contrast Management and CT repeat, it becomes a powerful tool to document and disseminate findings, like sentinel reports or optimization plans.
Installation and configuration
The FORMS module is a vendor-neutral solution that does not need complex integrations and thus it does not burden your IT department.